Join me today as I share how I have attempted to and continue to educate myself regarding racism and the challenges our country is currently facing. At the beginning of the episode, I share 3 hurdles I faced in my quest, and then I delve into 3 steps I'm taking in my educational journey:
1) Develop empathy
2) Lean on the heavies
3) Commit to continued education
Be sure to follow along using this worksheet:
CLICK HERE for your Free PDF Study Guide for the
C2T Series: Our Souls Have No Color
Some of my fav ministries:
Truth for Life
Family Life Today
Focus on the Family
List of Resources I have considered in my journey--sent to me by friend.
Please note: I am not "endorsing" these resources, per se. I am only sharing some with you in the event you might enjoy a starting point.
Organization: "Be the Bridge"
* Up From Slavery by Booker T. Washington
* A Lot Like Me by Larry Elder (great book, but has a lot of language)
* Discrimination and Disparities and other books by Thomas Sowell (with a great talk here)
* Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy
* Gifted Hands by Ben Carson
* Please Stop Helping Us by Jason Riley
* The Content of Our Character by Shelby Steele
* On the Road to Economic Freedom by Robert Woodson
* Race and Economics by Walter Williams
“Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability,
All content © Victoria D. Walker, 2013-2020.
All rights reserved. Copyright ©VictoriaD.Walker, 2013-present. Material from startwithagratefulheartr.weebly.com may not be copied, reproduced, or distributed in any way without consent. Scripture quotations, unless otherwise noted, taken from the New American Standard Bible, Copyright 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Use by permission. (www.Lockman.org). Bragging rights for stock photos go to UnSplash, Pexels, Pixabay, and Canva. The information contained on this website is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as health or medical advice. Always consult a physician or other qualified health provider regarding any questions you may have about a medical condition or health objectives.